SubjectRe: Nonfunctional ethernet (was Re: 2.6.21-rc7-mm1 + sysfs-oops-workaround.patch -- INFO: possible recursive locking detected)
On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:26:36 +0900 Tejun Heo <htejun@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, Antonino, Andrew.
>
> Andrew Morton wrote:
> > On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 09:02:02 +0800 "Antonino A. Daplas" <adaplas@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I can bring up the network manually using ifconfig. It's opensuse's
> >> rcnetwork script that fails to bring the network up. Entries
> >> in /sys/class/net are still bogus.
> >>
> >> This kernel is now usable to me, I'll start bisection later today if
> >> nobody has an answer.
> >
> > rc7-mm1 is hardly worth bothering with. Quite a few really bad ones have
> > now been fixed and I'll try to get rc7-mm2 out within the next 12 hours (I
> > assume a 76-hour debug session won't be needed this time).
> >
> > But I don't think the sysfs changes in Greg's tree have been updated, so
> > things will probably still fail in that area. A suitable bisection
> > starting pair would be around gregkh-driver-*
>
> This is the rename bug I wrote about in the other thread.

ok.

> Can you hold -mm2 off a bit? I'm almost done here.

sure. I'm having much fun with all the obviously-wont-compile patches
which have been checked into various subsystem trees in the past 24 hours.

Please include simple instructions about which gregkh patches I should drop
when this new set comes in.

  Last update: 2007-04-26 04:57    [W:0.069 / U:0.304 seconds]