    SubjectRe: suspend2 merge (was Re: [Suspend2-devel] Re: CFS and suspend2: hang in atomic copy)
    Hi!

    > > > 3W for the complete system? In CPU state S1? [1]
    > >
    > > In STR, 3W is quite realistic. The CPU is off, all (or most - up to you)
    > > the devices are off, but the motherboard and memory is powered.
    >
    > As far as I understand it, the CPU isn't off in S1.
    >
    > > > And even 3W would still be a waste of energy.
    > >
    > > .. but if the alternative is a feature that just isn't worth it, and
    > > likely to not only have its own bugs, but cause bugs elsewhere? (And yes,
    > > I believe STD is both of those. There's a reason it's called "STD". Go
    > > to google and type "STD" and press "I'm feeling lucky". Google is God).
    >
    > Is there really no use case for STD?

    Of course there are use cases for STD... lots of them... that's why
    I'm maintaining it.

    It has some "interesting" use cases, like suspend on one machine,
    transfer image to identical one, resume there, dual-boot to windows;
    there are "normal" use cases, like machines not capable of S3.

    I hope we are not dropping STD just now...
    Pavel