SubjectRe: Reasons to merge suspend2.
On Wed, 25 Apr 2007, John Anthony Kazos Jr. wrote:

>> I didn't read your whole post, it's way too long, but I would like to see
>> your patch in mainline as an option to swsusp. What would make this
>> infeasible?
>
> For one thing, Linus said not but yesterday that he doesn't want multiple
> competing suspend algorithms like this in the kernel at once. (If I parsed
> his message correctly, he doesn't want any in the kernel, but he's putting
> up with it because it seems somewhat needed.)

Would it be a feasible solution to have a very minimal and generic software
suspend in the kernel, and then various userspace implementations could take
care of this? Or is all of the software suspend code in the kernel absolutely
necessary, such that this wouldn't work?

William Heimbigner
icxcnika@mar.tar.cc

  Last update: 2007-04-25 18:05    [W:0.078 / U:1.320 seconds]