SubjectRe: Question about Reiser4
Andi Kleen wrote:

>>Because there are unaddressed items in this todo list:
>>http://pub.namesys.com/Reiser4/ToDo
>>The main issues here are xattrs and support for blocksize != pagesize.
>>

>I would consider both to be optional. We have various file systems
>in tree that don't support either (e.g. JFS only supports 4K blocks
>and OCFS2 doesn't support xattr) They shouldn't block merging.

xattrs also were considered as some guarantee of vendor support.
If possible, then we'll address it as low-priority issue.
Maybe somebody will help.. (xattrs support should go as incremental
update of FPL-subversion for reiser4 kernel module and reiser4progs).

>>2. Who will maintain this?
>>
>>Currently there are two namesys employees working mostly on
>>enthusiasm. Divide them into 2 file systems, plus many people who
>>really help with fixing problems.
>>

>Merging will probably be a peak of work for the necessary changes,
>then hopefully the work will be less once you're in tree because
>you don't need to track mainline anymore
>(assuming not to many bugs come in from users)
>
>-Andi

Hope we survive this, at least such peaks is not something new in
our practice.

Well, gentlemen, so we'll address other items (except #26, 27) and
resume this discussion.

Thanks,
Edward.

  Last update: 2007-04-25 16:37    [W:0.106 / U:0.264 seconds]