    SubjectRe: Question about Reiser4
    Andi Kleen wrote:

    >>Because there are unaddressed items in this todo list:
    >>http://pub.namesys.com/Reiser4/ToDo
    >>The main issues here are xattrs and support for blocksize != pagesize.
    >>

    >I would consider both to be optional. We have various file systems
    >in tree that don't support either (e.g. JFS only supports 4K blocks
    >and OCFS2 doesn't support xattr) They shouldn't block merging.

    xattrs also were considered as some guarantee of vendor support.
    If possible, then we'll address it as low-priority issue.
    Maybe somebody will help.. (xattrs support should go as incremental
    update of FPL-subversion for reiser4 kernel module and reiser4progs).

    >>2. Who will maintain this?
    >>
    >>Currently there are two namesys employees working mostly on
    >>enthusiasm. Divide them into 2 file systems, plus many people who
    >>really help with fixing problems.
    >>

    >Merging will probably be a peak of work for the necessary changes,
    >then hopefully the work will be less once you're in tree because
    >you don't need to track mainline anymore
    >(assuming not to many bugs come in from users)
    >
    >-Andi

    Hope we survive this, at least such peaks is not something new in
    our practice.

    Well, gentlemen, so we'll address other items (except #26, 27) and
    resume this discussion.

    Thanks,
    Edward.

      Last update: 2007-04-25 16:37    [W:0.021 / U:91.076 seconds]