    SubjectRe: suspend2 merge (was Re: [Suspend2-devel] Re: CFS and suspend2: hang in atomic copy)
    On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 04:41:58PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > How many different magic ioctl's does the thing introduce? Is it really
    > just *two* entry-points (and how simple are they, interface-wise), and
    > nothing else?

    Aren't you a little late to the party here? The userland version is
    the one that currently is in the kernel, after all the people who said
    "doing it in userland is not necessarily a good idea" got happily
    ignored. Suspend2 which is the continuity of the fully-in-kernel one
    is the one that has been constantly rejected by Pavel, lately by
    saying "it should be done in userspace", and hence never merged.

    Incidentally, it's 13 ioctls, and it's documented in
    Documentation/power/userland-swsusp.txt in a hard drive near you. I
    especially like the "get the available swap space in bytes" one that
    can only handle 32 bits.

    OG.

      Last update: 2007-04-25 03:09    [W:0.024 / U:60.156 seconds]