    SubjectRe: [patch 1/4] Ignore stolen time in the softlockup watchdog
    On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 11:16:09 -0700 Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@goop.org> wrote:

    > Andrew Morton wrote:
    > > I said that because the damn thing went away when I was hunting it down
    > > because I lost the config and was unable to remember the right combination
    > > of debug settings. Fortunately it later came back so I took care to
    > > preserve the config.
    > >

    > sched_clock doesn't *do* anything except flap interrupts.

    Well, it _is_ mysterious.

    Did you try to locate the code which failed? I got lost in macros and
    include files, and gave up very very easily. Stop hiding, Ingo.

    > Oh, wait, have
    > you got Andi's bugfixed version of the sched_clock patch? The first
    > version did a local_save_flags rather than a local_irq_save.

    I have whatever I pulled from firstfloor over the weekend. It's in
    rc7-mm1. No, it doesn't use local_save_flags.

    > >> Hm, is it caused by using sched_clock() to generate the printk
    > >> timestamps while generating the lock test output?
    > >>

    > > Conceivably. What does that locking API test do?
    > >

    > Didn't make a difference here. Building your config now.
    >
    > > I was using printk timestamps and netconsole at the time.
    > >

    > Ah, great, now you're going to make me setup netconsole...

    That's a doddle.

    On test system, boot with

    netconsole=4444@<test-system-ip-addr>/eth0,<udp-port-no>@<workstation-ip-addr>/<workstation-mac-addr>

    On workstation:

    sudo netcat -u -l -p <udp-port-no> | tee -a ~/.log/log-<test-system-hostname>

      Last update: 2007-04-24 20:37    [W:2.209 / U:0.036 seconds]