    Subject[Intel IOMMU][patch 0/8] Intel IOMMU Support
    Hello again!

    Andrew: Could you help include in -mm to give it more exposure preparing for
    mainline inclusion with more testing?

    This is a resend of the patches after addressing some feedback we received.

    1. As len requested, we moved most of the acpi parts to drivers/pci instead
    of leaving them in drivers/acpi, including some renaming of functions,
    using just acpi_get_table() only.

    2. Made the guard page support configurable.
    3. Added new option to allocate consecutive address instead of re-using
    free addresses as an experimental option, Not validated extensively.
    Its expected to improve in certain cases...
    4. Fixed a couple minor bugs that got exposed in testing.

    Some more interesting possibilities. -- enhancements to work on.

    - In order to ensure we dont break any driver that may not be using dma api's
    here are some suggestions to work on.
    - Create a single 1-1 map, and make sure any pci device gets this map
    when they do a pci_set_master() to enable bus mastering automatically.
    - When the device driver does a first call to do a dma mapping, then
    dissociate the device from the unity map domain, to its own. This gives
    limited protection but doesnt break drivers that do not use dma
    mapping.
    - Creating context entries only 1 per segment.. today we create one per
    IOMMU which is not required.

    This way we can avoid doing some of the workarounds we do for some devices
    today, and will function as a default container for compatibility.

    On one hand, this will provide more compatibility, but we will lose
    oppertunity to identify broken device drivers that dont use dma api's
    and fix them.... Depending on who you talk to.. some like it.. some just
    hate it! and would like to fix the broken ones instead.

    Cheers,
    Ashok Raj