    SubjectRe: locking up hard on boot
    I'm honestly not sure how to try what you suggested to try, since I'm
    nothing even remotely close to a kernel geek and it was over my head.
    However, I'd gladly test anything that you think would be worth
    testing, if you would please put it in way that I could understand,
    such as "change line 'foo' in probe.c into 'foolio'"

    Thanks again for all of your help,

    On 4/23/07, Jan Beulich <> wrote:
    > Given that all of the reports are in cases when the adjustment is *not*
    > being done (and only a message is being printed), I can only assume that
    > the breakage results from the adding of PCI_BASE_ADDRESS_SPACE_IO
    > into the resource flags. I considered this unconditional setting of the flags
    > odd already in the original code, and added this extra flag only for
    > consistency reasons (because the settings reported by X indicated that
    > this was missing). Perhaps the adjustment (original and the added
    > extra flag) shouldn't be done if IORESOURCE_IO wasn't already set.
    > Perhaps one of those seeing the issue could try out returning from the
    > function right after that printk(), without any adjustment to the flags.
    > Jan

      Last update: 2007-04-24 01:01    [W:0.023 / U:25.692 seconds]