SubjectRe: 2.6.20.7 locking up hard on boot
I'm honestly not sure how to try what you suggested to try, since I'm
nothing even remotely close to a kernel geek and it was over my head.
However, I'd gladly test anything that you think would be worth
testing, if you would please put it in way that I could understand,
such as "change line 'foo' in probe.c into 'foolio'"

Thanks again for all of your help,
Marcos