    SubjectRe: Question about Reiser4
    > Eric Hopper wrote:
    >> I know that this whole effort has been put in disarray by the
    >> prosecution of Hans Reiser, but I'm curious as to its status.
    > It was in disarray well before. Many of the reiser4 features,
    > like filesystem plugins, make more technical sense in the Linux
    > VFS, but made more business sense for Namesys as a reiserfs 4
    > thing. That lead to a stalemate.
    Shouldn't it be a matter of stability though? Benchmarks suggest that
    reiser4 is a good file system; reiser4 is the successor to the
    already-accepted reiserfs; we've got experimental ext4 support but no
    reiser4 support, etc.

    I don't see why something like plugins should matter. If it works enough
    to be marked as experimental, why shouldn't reiser4 support be included?
    It's a pain for me personally to have to patch any kernel with reiser4
    support so I can use the reiser4 fs.

    William Heimbigner

      Last update: 2007-04-23 05:59    [W:0.021 / U:7.816 seconds]