    SubjectRe: [patch 7/8] allow unprivileged mounts
    Andrew Morton wrote:
    > On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 12:25:39 +0200 Miklos Szeredi <> wrote:
    >> Define a new fs flag FS_SAFE, which denotes, that unprivileged
    >> mounting of this filesystem may not constitute a security problem.
    >> Since most filesystems haven't been designed with unprivileged
    >> mounting in mind, a thorough audit is needed before setting this flag.
    > Practically speaking, is there any realistic likelihood that any filesystem
    > apart from FUSE will ever use this?

    Would it be interesting to support mounting of external file systems (be
    it USB, NFS or whatever) in a way that automatically forces it to ignore
    suid and devices (which are already mount time options)? The question
    I guess is, how much do you gain over a setuid program (hack?) that can
    handle this?

      Last update: 2007-04-22 02:51    [W:0.019 / U:31.204 seconds]