    Subjectgtod/clocksource/clockevents documentation
    Hello All,

    I need to implement a gtod/clocksource/clockevents implementation for
    the Atmel ARM AT91SAM9261 CPU, and I am looking for some kernel
    (interface) documentation about these mechanisms.

    I already investigated the 'examples'/implementations of other
    architectures in the kernel, but that did not really help me... I also
    looked at the patch for the AT91RM9200 CPU posted by David Brownell...
    I hacked something which now makes the RT kernel to boot, but the
    time-of-day warps several minutes per second, back and forward in
    time... ;-)

    So, Can anybody please give me pointer to some useful documentation
    and/or examples?

    The reason behind this initiative is to make the RT-preempt patch
    compile and work on this architecture. Currently the GENERIC_TIME is
    not set, which results in several unresolved externals at compile
    time, and I believe the best way to fix this is to implement proper
    gtod/clocksource/clockevents to allow the enabling of GENERIC_TIME

    Kind Regards,

    Remy Böhmer

      Last update: 2007-04-21 23:17    [W:0.020 / U:2.552 seconds]