SubjectRe: [patch 7/8] allow unprivileged mounts
Date
Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@linux01.gwdg.de> writes:

>>> Practically speaking, is there any realistic likelihood that any filesystem
>>> apart from FUSE will ever use this?
>>
>>Also potentially some of the kernel virtual filesystems. /proc should
>>be safe already. If you don't have any kind of backing store this problem
>>gets easier.
>
> tmpfs!

tmpfs is a possible problem because it can consume lots of ram/swap. Which
is why it has limits on the amount of space it can consume. Those are set as
mount options as I recall. Which means that we would need to do something
different with respect to limits before tmpfs could become safe for
an untrusted user to mount.

Still it's close.

Eric

  Last update: 2007-04-21 19:03    [W:0.151 / U:0.352 seconds]