SubjectRe: [Announce] [patch] Modular Scheduler Core and Completely Fair Scheduler [CFS]

On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 09:50:19PM +1000, Peter Williams wrote:
> This is sounding very much like System V Release 4 (and descendants)
> except that they call it SCHED_SYS and also give SCHED_NORMAL tasks that
> are in system mode dynamic priorities in the SCHED_SYS range (to avoid
> priority inversion, I believe).

Descriptions of that are probably where I got the idea (hurrah for OS
textbooks). It makes a fair amount of sense. Not sure what the take on
the specific precedent is. The only content here is expanding the
priority range with ranges above and below for the exclusive use of
ultra-privileged tasks, so it's really trivial. Actually it might be so
trivial it should just be some permission checks in the SCHED_OTHER
renicing code.

-- wli

  Last update: 2007-04-20 07:29    [W:0.355 / U:0.280 seconds]