SubjectRe: [linux-usb-devel] [RFC] HID bus design overview.
Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

> No, please don't do that. As soon as there is a special driver written
> for a device that device's VID/PID should be added to generic HID
> blacklist. This way udev will load the proper driver right away and
> there will not be any flip-flopping of input devices.

Hi, I do not think that using blacklist in base driver for this purpose
is good idea. If so, we need modify source when each new HID device
driver come, that's so ugly. I think the blacklist only should be used
for those really broken/buggy hardware, not for these normal hardware
with extended feature.

Er, I also want to know what are drawbacks of "flip-flopping" ?

>> When user A remove this shadow driver, the USB/base driver should resume
>> work for this joystick, IOW, it should register back its input device again.
>>

> Why would we want to revert to using generic HID's implementation if we
> know that it is broken for that particular device???

Well, many devices just only can not play its full feature, not broken.
so base driver still can work for us.

  Last update: 2007-04-02 09:11    [W:0.432 / U:1.240 seconds]