    SubjectRe: [linux-cifs-client] Re: cifs and kthread_run / kernel_thread
    Q (Igor Mammedov) wrote:

    > Steve French (smfltc) wrote:
    >
    >> No - IIRC the original patch (for the switch of cifs from
    >> kernel_thread to kthread) had a
    >> minor implementation problem in handling the cifs_demultiplex thread,
    >> so this one small
    >> area was left with the old style.
    >>
    >>> iii) Is it difficult to switch to the new interface?
    >>>

    >> No, I don't think so, but I have not investigated it. We would be happy
    >> to review and test a patch for this though.

    > It seems to me that I rewrote cifs_demultiplex_thread to use
    > kthread_run in DFS patch.

    Yes - Q's patch has the final change to kthread (as part of a larger
    DFS change). The original
    patch which switched to kthread was done long before this.

    I have not broken all the large dfs patch into small pieces but will
    look to see if just this part
    can be done easily

      Last update: 2007-04-02 17:15    [W:4.388 / U:0.028 seconds]