SubjectRe: [linux-usb-devel] [RFC] HID bus design overview.
On Mon, 2 Apr 2007, Marcel Holtmann wrote:

> I like this idea, but it might not solve the case where you have parts
> of the driver in kernel space and other parts in user space. For example
> the control of a LCD display on the keyboard. However in most cases
> registering drivers for a report id should be enough.

Hi Marcel,

the specialized driver could hook on all reports of the device (as
discussed a few mails ago in this thread) and have the possibility to do
three different things with the obtained report:

- pass it back to generic hid driver for "standard" processing
- process the report, and issue input_event() itself
- pass it to hidraw and let userspace to consume it

This is going to work for the scenario you have described, right?

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina