    SubjectRe: [linux-usb-devel] [RFC] HID bus design overview.
    On Mon, 2 Apr 2007, Marcel Holtmann wrote:

    > I like this idea, but it might not solve the case where you have parts
    > of the driver in kernel space and other parts in user space. For example
    > the control of a LCD display on the keyboard. However in most cases
    > registering drivers for a report id should be enough.

    Hi Marcel,

    the specialized driver could hook on all reports of the device (as
    discussed a few mails ago in this thread) and have the possibility to do
    three different things with the obtained report:

    - pass it back to generic hid driver for "standard" processing
    - process the report, and issue input_event() itself
    - pass it to hidraw and let userspace to consume it

    This is going to work for the scenario you have described, right?

    Thanks,

    --
    Jiri Kosina