    SubjectRe: Wrong free clusters count on FAT32
        Hi Boaz :)

    * Boaz Harrosh <> dixit:
    > > Apart from not using the device itself to delete files (and probably
    > > not using Windows for that, either) and to run fsck.vfat now and
    > > then, is anything I can do to avoid this problem?
    > >
    > Not that I know how to fix it. But have you tried running chkdsk on a
    > device deleted files in windows. Just that I know, that windows would
    > silently ignore fat errors and will only report them in chkdsk.

    I've done that and the problem is not fixed. I have to use fsck.vfat

    > Deleting files in windows works fine. There is no problems with it and
    > windows updates everything. I do that all the time.

    True, I've tested it, too. I'm going to report the problem to the
    device manufacturer (it's a Cowon iAUDIO), but probably doing it in the
    device will be very slow :(

    > (I would even theorize that if you delete files on the device and than
    > farther delete more files on windows, than windows will fix the
    > problem on the fly)

    Probably, and it may be a good fix, but I seldom plug the device on

    Thanks for the answer :)

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

    Linux Registered User 88736 |

      Last update: 2007-04-19 16:25    [W:0.021 / U:5.984 seconds]