SubjectRe: [RFC 0/8] Cpuset aware writeback
Christoph Lameter wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, Ethan Solomita wrote:
>

>> Christoph Lameter wrote:

>>> Peter Zilkstra addressed the NFS issue. I will submit the patch again as
>>> soon as the writeback code stabilizes a bit.
>>>
>> I'm pinging to see if this has gotten anywhere. Are you ready to
>> resubmit? Do we have the evidence to convince Andrew that the NFS issues are
>> resolved and so this patch won't obscure anything?
>>

> The NFS patch went into Linus tree a couple of days ago and I have a new
> version ready with additional support to set per dirty ratios per cpu.
> There is some interest in adding more VM controls to this patch. I hope I
> can post the next rev by tomorrow.

Any new ETA? I'm trying to decide whether to go back to your
original patches or wait for the new set. Adding new knobs isn't as
important to me as having something that fixes the core problem, so
hopefully this isn't waiting on them. They could always be patches on
top of your core patches.
-- Ethan

  Last update: 2007-04-19 04:11    [W:0.174 / U:0.136 seconds]