    SubjectRe: CFS and suspend2: hang in atomic copy
    Ingo Molnar wrote:	[Wed Apr 18 2007, 06:02:28PM EDT]
    > * Christian Hesse <> wrote:
    > > > although probably your suspend2 problem is still not fixed, it's
    > > > worth a try nevertheless. Which suspend2 patch did you apply, and
    > > > was it against -rc6 or -rc7?
    > >
    > > You are right again. ;-)
    > >
    > > Linux 2.6.21-rc7
    > > Suspend2 (applies cleanly to -rc7)
    > > CFS v3 (without any additional patches)
    > >
    > > And it still hangs on suspend.
    > what's the easiest way for me to try suspend2? Apply the patch, reboot
    > into the kernel, then execute what command to suspend? (there's a
    > confusing mismash of initiators of all the suspend variants. Can i drive
    > this by echoing to /sys/power/state?)
    > Ingo
    I had hoped to collect more data with CFS V2. It crashes in
    scale_nice_down for s2ram when attempting to disable_nonboot_cpus.
    So part of traceback looks like (typed by hand with obvious omissions):

    update_stats_wait_end - not shown in traceback because inlined

    This is standard -rc7 with V2 CFS applied. It could be a completely
    unrelated issue. I'll attempt to debug further tomorrow.

      Last update: 2007-04-19 01:23    [W:0.023 / U:2.672 seconds]