    SubjectRe: [lm-sensors] Could the k8temp driver be interfering with ACPI?
    On 4/17/07, Bjorn Helgaas <bjorn.helgaas@hp.com> wrote:
    > On Monday 16 April 2007 15:14, Luca Tettamanti wrote:
    > > Problem is that ACPI methods are not documented at all (how am I
    > > supposed to know that "G6T6" is the reading of the 12V rail?) while the
    > > datasheet of hw monitoring chips (w83627ehf in my case) are public (more
    > > or less).
    >
    > Yes, I see that it's attractive to use a single w83627ehf.c driver.
    > For an ACPI driver, we'd have to build a list of PNP IDs, and possibly
    > information about which methods read which information. That's
    > certainly more work.
    >
    > On the other hand, the ACPI driver would avoid the synchronization
    > issues that started this whole thread. That's a pretty compelling
    > advantage.
    >
    > > Furthermore, sensor driver exposes all the reading of the chip
    > > (e.g. in the DSDT I can't find the VSB or battery voltage).
    >
    > Maybe Asus didn't hook up those readings on the board. I would
    > guess that PC Probe doesn't expose the VSB or battery voltage either.

    PC Probe does not. But the lines are wired and the readings (from
    Linux) are sensible.

    > I'm sure you've seen these:
    > http://lists.lm-sensors.org/pipermail/lm-sensors/2005-October/014050.html
    > http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/AsusFormulaHacking

    Actually I haven't, I've happily ignored ACPI until now ;-) My DSDT
    doesn't look too bad, I may give it a try...

    Luca

      Last update: 2007-04-18 01:53    [W:0.033 / U:1.240 seconds]