    SubjectRe: [patch] CFS (Completely Fair Scheduler), v2
    Date
    17 Nis 2007 Sal tarihinde, Ingo Molnar şunları yazmıştı:
    > > Sorry for delayed response but i just find some free time, do you
    > > still want me to test mainline + "parent-runs first" patch or will i
    > > drop that one and test v2 which can change default behaviour?
    >
    > i suspect for now it would be sufficient if you could check the v2
    > patch.
    >
    > if it _works_, please try this:
    >
    > echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/sched_child_runs_first
    >
    > this should break Kaffeine again :)
    >
    > (if it doesnt work then the Kaffeine problem is unrelated to
    > child-runs-first.)

    OK, i tested both plain -rc7 and -rc7 + CFSv2 with while
    sched_child_runs_first enabled/disabled.

    I'm always using same video file and try to reproduce freeze with constantly
    pressing forward/backward buttons. With CFS 2-3 forward/backward attempt
    reproduces this behaviour.

    And here are the results.

    Mainline still has no issues with both xine-lib/kaffeine and xine-ui
    (kaffeine-0.8.4, xine-lib-1.1.5 [both xcb enabled], xine-ui-0.99.4). I really
    try hard to reproduce the freeze, but i can't...

    And CFSv2 still fails for both child_runs_first and parent_runs_first cases
    with same strace output (FUTEX_WAIT).

    If you want me to test something else just ask please :)

    Cheers
    --
    S.Çağlar Onur <caglar@pardus.org.tr>
    http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~caglar/

    Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates and an Apache in house!

      Last update: 2007-04-17 16:49    [W:2.898 / U:0.016 seconds]