SubjectRe: ZFS with Linux: An Open Plea
On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 02:54:32AM -0400, David R. Litwin wrote:
> > The license that protects the code we write is far from nonsense.
>
> I know. In the end, this is the reason this topic is being discussed.
>
> I suggest the first thing you do is contact the ZFS developers and
> convince them to release their code under a license that's GPL
> compatible, then we can start looking at a Linux port.
>
> I began by contacting them. One of the devs there told me to contact the
> Linux devs.

Well, that was totally useless answer from the ZFS developers. What
he should have told you is to contact Sun management, since they are
the only ones who can decide whether or not to release ZFS under a GPL
license, and more importantly, to give a patent license for any
patents they may have filed in the course of developing ZFS. This is
not anything Linux developers can help you with.

- Ted

  Last update: 2007-04-17 15:13    [W:0.937 / U:0.120 seconds]