    SubjectRe: [Announce] [patch] Modular Scheduler Core and Completely Fair Scheduler [CFS]
    Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> writes:

    > [announce] [patch] Modular Scheduler Core and Completely Fair Scheduler [CFS]
    >
    > i'm pleased to announce the first release of the "Modular Scheduler Core
    > and Completely Fair Scheduler [CFS]" patchset:
    >
    > http://redhat.com/~mingo/cfs-scheduler/sched-modular+cfs.patch

    I would suggest to drop the tsc.c change. The "small errors" can be
    really large on some systems and you can also see large backward jumps.
    I have a proper (but complicated) solution pending
    in ftp://ftp.firstfloor.org/pub/ak/x86_64/quilt/sched-clock-share

    BTW with all this CPU time measurement it would be really nice to
    report it to the user too. It seems a bit bizarre that the scheduler
    keeps track of ns, but top only knows jiffies with large sampling errors.

    -Andi

      Last update: 2007-04-16 23:05    [W:0.042 / U:61.108 seconds]