    SubjectRe: [Announce] [patch] Modular Scheduler Core and Completely Fair Scheduler [CFS]

    * Esben Nielsen <> wrote:

    > I took a brief look at it. Have you tested priority inheritance?

    yeah, you are right, it's broken at the moment, i'll fix it. But the
    good news is that i think PI could become cleaner via scheduling

    > As far as I can see rt_mutex_setprio doesn't have much effect on
    > SCHED_FAIR/SCHED_BATCH. I am looking for a place where such a task
    > change scheduler class when boosted in rt_mutex_setprio().

    i think via scheduling classes we dont have to do the p->policy and
    p->prio based gymnastics anymore, we can just have a clean look at
    p->sched_class and stack the original scheduling class into
    p->real_sched_class. It would probably also make sense to 'privatize'
    p->prio into the scheduling class. That way PI would be a pure property
    of sched_rt, and the PI scheduler would be driven purely by
    p->rt_priority, not by p->prio. That way all the normal_prio() kind of
    complications and interactions with SCHED_OTHER/SCHED_FAIR would be
    eliminated as well. What do you think?

      Last update: 2007-04-15 15:07    [W:0.022 / U:81.892 seconds]