    SubjectRe: [Announce] [patch] Modular Scheduler Core and Completely Fair Scheduler [CFS]
    On Fri, 13 Apr 2007, Ingo Molnar wrote:

    > [announce] [patch] Modular Scheduler Core and Completely Fair Scheduler [CFS]
    >
    > i'm pleased to announce the first release of the "Modular Scheduler Core
    > and Completely Fair Scheduler [CFS]" patchset:
    >
    > http://redhat.com/~mingo/cfs-scheduler/sched-modular+cfs.patch
    >
    > This project is a complete rewrite of the Linux task scheduler. My goal
    > is to address various feature requests and to fix deficiencies in the
    > vanilla scheduler that were suggested/found in the past few years, both
    > for desktop scheduling and for server scheduling workloads.
    >
    > [...]

    I took a brief look at it. Have you tested priority inheritance?
    As far as I can see rt_mutex_setprio doesn't have much effect on
    SCHED_FAIR/SCHED_BATCH. I am looking for a place where such a task change
    scheduler class when boosted in rt_mutex_setprio().

    Esben

      Last update: 2007-04-15 14:33    [W:0.048 / U:29.004 seconds]