SubjectRe: Kaffeine problem with CFS
Date
15 Nis 2007 Paz tarihinde, Christoph Pfister şunları yazmıştı:
> Could you try xine-ui or gxine? Because I suspect rather xine-lib for
> freezing issues. In any way I think a gdb backtrace would be much
> nicer - but if you can't reproduce the freeze issue with other xine
> based players and want to run kaffeine in gdb, you need to execute
> "gdb --args kaffeine --nofork".

I just tested xine-ui and i can easily reproduce exact same problem with
xine-ui also so you are right, it seems a xine-lib problem trigger by CFS
changes.

> > > thanks. This does has the appearance of a userspace race condition of
> > > some sorts. Can you trigger this hang with the patch below applied to
> > > the vanilla tree as well? (with no CFS patch applied)
> >
> > oops, please use the patch below instead.

Tomorrow i'll test that patch and also try to get a backtrace.

Cheers
--
S.Çağlar Onur <caglar@pardus.org.tr>
http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~caglar/

Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates and an Apache in house!