    SubjectRe: [Announce] [patch] Modular Scheduler Core and Completely Fair Scheduler [CFS]
    On Sat, 2007-04-14 at 15:01 +0200, Willy Tarreau wrote:

    > Well, I'll stop heating the room for now as I get out of ideas about how
    > to defeat it. I'm convinced. I'm impatient to read about Mike's feedback
    > with his workload which behaves strangely on RSDL. If it works OK here,
    > it will be the proof that heuristics should not be needed.

    You mean the X + mp3 player + audio visualization test? X+Gforce
    visualization have problems getting half of my box in the presence of
    two other heavy cpu using tasks. Behavior is _much_ better than
    RSDL/SD, but the synchronous nature of X/client seems to be a problem.

    With this scheduler, renicing X/client does cure it, whereas with SD it
    did not help one bit. (I know a trivial way to cure that, and this
    framework makes that possible without dorking up fairness as a general

      Last update: 2007-04-15 09:57    [W:0.020 / U:4.044 seconds]