    SubjectRe: [3/3] 2.6.21-rc6: known regressions
    On Sat, 2007-04-14 at 02:38 +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
    > This email lists some known regressions in Linus' tree compared to 2.6.20.
    > If you find your name in the Cc header, you are either submitter of one
    > of the bugs, maintainer of an affectected subsystem or driver, a patch
    > of you caused a breakage or I'm considering you in any other way
    > possibly involved with one or more of these issues.
    > Due to the huge amount of recipients, please trim the Cc when answering.
    > Subject : resume from RAM corrupts vesafb console
    Hi Marcus,

    A screen with blinking green blocks implies that your display is in text
    mode, not in graphics mode. I don't know what options you are using,
    but have you tried using:

    If the above does not work, also try

    If it is still not working, you can add this to your suspend script:

    vbetool vbemode set <VESA mode ID>

    where VESA mode ID = "vga=" value - 512 (0x200)

    PS: If your BIOS setup has an option to re-POST the graphics card on
    resume, that is a big help.

      Last update: 2007-04-14 04:01    [W:0.022 / U:71.068 seconds]