    SubjectZFS with Linux: An Open Plea
    From
    Before I go on, let me appologise. I don't really know what I hope to
    accomplish, beyond trying to garner thoughts (and support?) for the topic.

    Essentially: I want to use Linux and ZFS. I don't particularly care about
    licences or any of the rest of that nonsense. The code is there; it merely
    needs to be made to work with Linux. Done and done -- provided I can find
    some one to do this for me (I'd do it myself, but I haven't the foggiest
    notion how to go about such a feat).

    By the way, forget about this FUSE business. I don't know why they're
    bothering: It's not real, it's slow and, in general, silly.

    What are the thoughts of the Linux community?

    I appologise right now for my intrusion. I am a Linux-nobody; I freely
    admit it. I haven't even subscribed to this list (so do CC me) because I
    don't want to be over-whelmed with the list's glorious posts. But, part of
    Linux is it's being a community. If a member of this community (that is, a
    user of Linux) can't ask the others their
    thoughts and opinions, then the community has failed in a large respect.
    Take this letter as you will.

    --
    —A watched bread-crumb never boils.
    —My hover-craft is full of eels.