    SubjectRe: [Announce] [patch] Modular Scheduler Core and Completely Fair Scheduler [CFS]
    On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 22:21 +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:
    > [announce] [patch] Modular Scheduler Core and Completely Fair Scheduler [CFS]
    >
    > i'm pleased to announce the first release of the "Modular Scheduler Core
    > and Completely Fair Scheduler [CFS]" patchset:
    >
    > http://redhat.com/~mingo/cfs-scheduler/sched-modular+cfs.patch
    >
    > This project is a complete rewrite of the Linux task scheduler. My goal
    > is to address various feature requests and to fix deficiencies in the
    > vanilla scheduler that were suggested/found in the past few years, both
    > for desktop scheduling and for server scheduling workloads.

    I'm not in love with the current or other schedulers, so I'm indifferent
    to this change. However, I was reviewing your release notes and the
    patch and found myself wonder what the logarithmic complexity of this
    new scheduler is .. I assumed it would also be constant time , but the
    __enqueue_task_fair doesn't appear to be constant time (rbtree insert
    complexity).. Maybe that's not a critical path , but I thought I would
    at least comment on it.

    Daniel

      Last update: 2007-04-14 00:19    [W:0.021 / U:1.260 seconds]