SubjectRe: [Announce] [patch] Modular Scheduler Core and Completely Fair Scheduler [CFS]
On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 22:21 +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> [announce] [patch] Modular Scheduler Core and Completely Fair Scheduler [CFS]
>
> i'm pleased to announce the first release of the "Modular Scheduler Core
> and Completely Fair Scheduler [CFS]" patchset:
>
> http://redhat.com/~mingo/cfs-scheduler/sched-modular+cfs.patch
>
> This project is a complete rewrite of the Linux task scheduler. My goal
> is to address various feature requests and to fix deficiencies in the
> vanilla scheduler that were suggested/found in the past few years, both
> for desktop scheduling and for server scheduling workloads.

I'm not in love with the current or other schedulers, so I'm indifferent
to this change. However, I was reviewing your release notes and the
patch and found myself wonder what the logarithmic complexity of this
new scheduler is .. I assumed it would also be constant time , but the
__enqueue_task_fair doesn't appear to be constant time (rbtree insert
complexity).. Maybe that's not a critical path , but I thought I would
at least comment on it.

Daniel