Subject[CRYPTO] is it really optimized ?
Hi,

After reading the crypto code and trying to implement a AES driver,
I'm wondering if the current implementation is optimum. My plan is to
use _exclusively_ the AES driver to encrypt filesystems by using
eCryptfs for example.

But it seems that because the current implementation of the crypto
core allows the drivers to be accessed by any part of the kernel at
any time, that forces the AES driver to do extra works for each block
ciphering: mainly they are (a) set the key in AES controller (b)
generate the decryption key if in decrypt mode.

So is this interpretation right ? If so wouldn't it be appropriate to
introduce a mechanism to reserve this AES hardware for a special
purpose (filesystem encryptions) and thus make it as fast as possible
?

Thanks
--
Francis