    SubjectRe: [patch] convert aio event reap to use atomic-op instead of spin_lock
    > >I have mixed feelings.  I think the userspace getevents support was
    > >poorly designed and the simple fact that we've gone this long without it
    > >says just how desperately the feature isn't needed.
    > I kept on getting requests from application developers who want that
    > feature. My initial patch was dated back May 2004.

    My point is that demand for it doesn't seem to be very high, and your
    use of the past tense there seems to support that. And the patches to
    support it are not looking great.

    Is it worth it, then? What difference are you measuring so far?

    - z

      Last update: 2007-04-11 21:49    [W:0.038 / U:37.512 seconds]