SubjectRe: [patch] convert aio event reap to use atomic-op instead of spin_lock
> Ken uses the other (superior!) way of implementing ringbuffers: the head
> and tail pointers (the naming of which AIO appears to have reversed) are
> not constrained to the ringsize - they are simply allowed to wrap through
> 0xfffffff.

A-ha! That sure sounds great.

I'd be happy to see the kernel side fs/aio.c ring management move in
that direction, sure, with a specific patch to do that.

I get less excited when we talk about changing the index semantics as
part of supporting serialization of the ring with userspace.

- z