    SubjectRe: [patch] convert aio event reap to use atomic-op instead of spin_lock
    > Ken uses the other (superior!) way of implementing ringbuffers: the head
    > and tail pointers (the naming of which AIO appears to have reversed) are
    > not constrained to the ringsize - they are simply allowed to wrap through
    > 0xfffffff.

    A-ha! That sure sounds great.

    I'd be happy to see the kernel side fs/aio.c ring management move in
    that direction, sure, with a specific patch to do that.

    I get less excited when we talk about changing the index semantics as
    part of supporting serialization of the ring with userspace.

    - z

      Last update: 2007-04-11 21:39    [W:0.019 / U:29.956 seconds]