    SubjectRe: init's children list is long and slows reaping children.
    On Tuesday 10 April 2007, Jeff Garzik wrote:
    > That's why I feel thread creation -- cheap under Linux -- is quite
    > appropriate for many of these situations.

    Maybe that (thread creation) can be done at open(), socket-creation,
    service request, syscall or whatever event triggers a driver/subsystem
    to actually queue work into a thread.

    And when there is a close(), socket-destruction, service completion
    or whatever these threads can be marked for destruction and destroyed
    by a timer or even immediately.

    Ingo Oeser

    If something is getting cheap, it is getting wasted just because it is cheap.

      Last update: 2007-04-11 00:23    [W:0.018 / U:16.060 seconds]