SubjectRe: init's children list is long and slows reaping children.
Date
On Tuesday 10 April 2007, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> That's why I feel thread creation -- cheap under Linux -- is quite
> appropriate for many of these situations.

Maybe that (thread creation) can be done at open(), socket-creation,
service request, syscall or whatever event triggers a driver/subsystem
to actually queue work into a thread.

And when there is a close(), socket-destruction, service completion
or whatever these threads can be marked for destruction and destroyed
by a timer or even immediately.

Regards

Ingo Oeser

--
If something is getting cheap, it is getting wasted just because it is cheap.