SubjectRe: USB: on suspend to ram/disk all usb devices are replugged

> > Problem is that suspending _with_ removable mass storage devices
> > attached just will not work. User will unplug them, then complain
> > about corruption. Advanced user will unplug them, work with them
> > somewhere else, replug them, then loose filesystem.
> >
> > Feel free to send patch to teach filesystems to handle this.
> I was suggesting in the Bugzilla that the file system should actually do
> this. I don't have a patch for this, sorry.

Unfortunately it is a _lot_ of work, so noone has time for that :-(.

> > Check your facts. Laptops do not melt. I know, I put them into my bed,
> > covered with pillow, and let them complain (evo 560c). ACPI thermals
> > can handle that.
> Some laptops may severely overheat especially if the backlight is not
> turned off (See: Apple hardware). Pretending that all hardware "just
> works" or that all drivers "just work" is nice but not really useful in
> the real life especially when we're talking about damaging hardware.

Apple should fix their hardware, then. And you should not run Linux
there, because their hardware is broken; they assume OS X.
(cesky, pictures)

  Last update: 2007-04-01 20:33    [W:0.113 / U:1.824 seconds]