    SubjectRe: passing function pointers through platform devices?
    On 3/7/07, NZG <ngustavson@emacinc.com> wrote:
    > > Once the generic GPIO framework migrates upstream from -mm

    It already has:

    http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=4c20386c8d0719b42503efe65abe47ad3fb3d711

    > I googled extensively and requested information on any current work here
    > before I began this project and got zip. (see forwarded email paste)

    Your mail seems to be about a gpio userspace interface, which is
    something entirely different from an in-kernel API, although I suppose
    it should be possible to build a userspace interface on top of the
    generic in-kernel API.

    If you're looking for a way to do GPIO from a driver, the new generic
    GPIO API should offer what you need, assuming it has actually been
    implemented on your platform.

    Haavard

      Last update: 2007-03-08 19:45    [W:0.021 / U:1.632 seconds]