SubjectRe: Raid 10 Problems?
On Mon, 5 Mar 2007, Marc Perkel wrote:

> --- Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@linux01.gwdg.de> wrote:

> > up
> > >
> > >I'm trying to figure out what the default is.
> >
> > -b none, meaning the whole drive will be
> > resynchronized when the
> > even counters don't match.
> >

> http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Install_on_Software_RAID#Write-intent_bitmap
> >

> That information has been extremely useful. Thanks a
> lot. I fund a command to do the bitmap internal after
> the array was made so I added that. Seems like some of
> these features should be default. Maybe it's time for
> the raid folks to update what is default?

the bitmap has performance implications... for example:

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-raid@vger.kernel.org/msg07229.html

i still prefer to use the bitmap -- i just make it external for devices
which are busy.

note that unless you tweak your init scripts you'll need to put external
bitmaps on your root partition, see this thread:

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-raid@vger.kernel.org/msg06441.html

-dean

  Last update: 2007-03-07 19:23    [W:0.247 / U:0.024 seconds]