SubjectRe: + stupid-hack-to-make-mainline-build.patch added to -mm tree
On Wed, 7 Mar 2007, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:

> I was very pleased when I saw the clocksource/event mechanisms go into
> the kernel because it means different hypervisors can have a clock*
> implementation to match their own particular time model/interface
> without having to clutter up the pv_ops interface, and still have a
> well-defined interface to the rest of the kernel's time infrastructure.

It seems to me that it could be useful to have a library of common virtual
time code (entirely separate from pv_ops), to avoid re-implementing some
apparently common requirements, such as: handling TSC frequency changes,
stolen time accounting, synthetic programmable clockevent etc.

- James
--
James Morris
<jmorris@namei.org>