    SubjectRe: passing function pointers through platform devices?
    > Once the generic GPIO framework migrates upstream from -mm
    Thank you, but I've reorganized my system to pass platform resources to a
    driver, which then registers simple gpio/pwm/quadencoder type devices as
    standard classes declared in a subdirectory. Specific methods are then
    simple exported by stackable drivers.
    It's unlikely I will adopt the GPIO interface at this point unless they really
    bring something new to the table.

    I googled extensively and requested information on any current work here
    before I began this project and got zip. (see forwarded email paste)

    I also emailed Robert Schwebel directly and he told me to ask VGER as it was
    being developed by someone else.

    I don't mean to sound rude, but I really tried to build on existing work and
    it wasn't made available, so I've gone my own way, I had not other choice.

    P.S. Forgive my VGER newbness, but what is "-mm" ?

    thx,
    NZG