SubjectRe: [DOC] The documentation for HID Simple Driver Interface 0.5.0
Hi Li,

> ==================================
> HID device simple driver interface
> ==================================

actually, I don't think we need a simple driver interface. We need a HID
driver interface in general. For example that you can register a driver
for one or multiple report ID and then it handles input and output for
these report IDs. This also means that the current keyboard and mouse
input devices will become a HID driver.

In addition to the kernel HID driver we might also when have a new
hidraw (or modified hiddev) interface that allows to handle specific
report ID from a userspace application. Especially when it comes to LED
displays or UPS systems.

Regards

Marcel

  Last update: 2007-03-05 20:47    [W:1.945 / U:0.336 seconds]