SubjectRe: 2.6.21-rc2-mm1: drivers/usb/host/ohci-ssb.c doesn't compile
Date
On Monday 05 March 2007 3:26 am, Michael Buesch wrote:

> > Actually, it seems like I will run into other kinds of nasty problems
> > due to stupid design of the HCD code. The OHCI code #includes
> > the various drivers, which have a module_init each. So if you
> > compile PCI and SSB support, you have two module_init for one
> > OHCI module. Not sure how to fix this. Any idea?
>
> A real problem is that the HCD core seems to have the assumption
> built-in that there can only be one OHCI driver per machine/arch.

What ancient version of the driver are you referring to??

CURRENT code has one module_init, and can hook up to several
different kinds of bus glue. There *is* only one OHCI driver.
It can hook up through several different kinds of bus glue; a
few platforms support more than one way to connect to various
implementations of OHCI.

> That's not the case for SSB, where we can have both PCI and SSB
> bus enabled, so both ohci drivers compiled.
> Any idea? Greg perhaps?

This already works in the current code ...

- Dave

  Last update: 2007-03-05 19:45    [W:0.169 / U:1.216 seconds]