    SubjectRe: [RFD driver-core] Lifetime problems of the current driver model
    On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 18:43:02 +0900,
    Tejun Heo <> wrote:

    > One way to solve this problem is to subordinate lifetime rule #b to
    > rule #c. Each kobject points to its owning module such that grabbing
    > a kobject automatically grabs the module. The problem with this
    > approach is that it requires wide update and makes kobject_get
    > heavier.

    Shouldn't getting/putting the module refcount be solely done in
    kobject.c? Grab the module reference when the kobject is created and
    release the module reference in kobject_cleanup() after the release
    function has been called. This doesn't make kobject_get() heavier, and
    it ensures we don't delete the module until after the last kobject it is
    supposed to clean up has been released.

      Last update: 2007-03-30 15:19    [W:0.022 / U:5.820 seconds]