SubjectRe: [RFD driver-core] Lifetime problems of the current driver model
On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 18:43:02 +0900,
Tejun Heo <htejun@gmail.com> wrote:

> One way to solve this problem is to subordinate lifetime rule #b to
> rule #c. Each kobject points to its owning module such that grabbing
> a kobject automatically grabs the module. The problem with this
> approach is that it requires wide update and makes kobject_get
> heavier.

Shouldn't getting/putting the module refcount be solely done in
kobject.c? Grab the module reference when the kobject is created and
release the module reference in kobject_cleanup() after the release
function has been called. This doesn't make kobject_get() heavier, and
it ensures we don't delete the module until after the last kobject it is
supposed to clean up has been released.

  Last update: 2007-03-30 15:19    [W:0.124 / U:0.144 seconds]