    SubjectRe: [patch v2] Fixes and cleanups for earlyprintk aka boot console.
    On 15-Mar-07, John Stoffel wrote:
    > Would this explain why recent version of GDM don't find the keyboard
    > properly when you boot with a kernel command line of:
    >
    > kernel ... console=tty0 console=ttyS1,96008N1
    >
    > until you stop and restart GDM? This was filed under Debian bug
    > #406457 (see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=406457)
    > and I could never figure it out until I removed my serial console line
    > at one point.

    Try changing the order of the console= parameters:

    kernel ... console=ttyS1,96008N1 console=tty0

    Some time ago I understood what this does. Nowadays I can only remember
    that this makes both the serial console and directly attached
    screen/keyboard console work most of the time. FWIW, tty0 becomes the
    so-called "preferred console".

    --
    Olaf Dabrunz (od/odabrunz), SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Nürnberg