SubjectRe: [linux-pm] [3/6] 2.6.21-rc4: known regressions
Date
On Wednesday 28 March 2007 22:59:26 David Brownell wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 March 2007 1:19 pm, Maxim wrote:
> > On Wednesday 28 March 2007 21:38:55 David Brownell wrote:
>

> > > Also, making HPET use the legacy mode seems like a step backwards.
>
> > It is not 'legacy' mode,
> > It is a legacy replacement mode.
>
> Typo, sorry.
>

> > It this mode HPET takes over IRQ0 and IRQ 8 and provides this way
> > replacement for PIT and RTC periodic function
>
> It's that RTC periodic thing that bothers me, I don't mind about
> the PIT. Remember that IRQ8 is also used for other RTC functions.
>
> Now, if there were a way to tell rtc-cmos that HPET is active,
> and arrange some kind of handshake ... that would be different.
>
> - Dave

Yes,
When HPET is active it eats RTC IRQ,
So the only way out is to emulate RTC using HPET,
It is done this way in old rtc driver, rtc-cmos should do the same.

Of course suspend resume is not supported at all by old rtc driver

I already wrote complete support for suspend/resume for old rtc driver (I wrote it long time ago)

Now I fixed it to support HPET , and this way I discovered that HPET doesn't have suspend resume functions

I will do last checks now and send this patch very soon

I am also planning to add support of HPET and suspend/resume for rtc-cmos, but I didn't start this yet.

Best regards,
Maxim Levitsky

  Last update: 2007-03-28 23:31    [W:0.200 / U:1.060 seconds]