SubjectRe: appletouch quirk doesn't run at resume
Jiri Kosina schrieb:
> On Sun, 18 Mar 2007, Thomas Meyer wrote:
>

>> Appletouch is bound to the device:
>>

> OK, so the quirk actually works fine ...

Yes, it works fine, but...

>> But the X server touchpad driver doesn't work anymore, that means i
>> can't emulte a right click by tapping with 3 fingers on the mouse pad.
>> after restarting x the mouse driver works again. So i think this is
>> maybe a problem in X?
>>

> ... but there is something apparently wrong either with the appletouch
> driver or X. Could you test via evtest whether the events are properly
> generated by the kernel? If they do, I'd say it is almost certainly X bug.

It seems, that after the resume all usb devices gets removed and plug in
again (virtually!). This results in a new input device name:

before suspend and resume:

appletouch Geyser 3 inited.
input: appletouch as /class/input/input2

after resume:
Restarting tasks ... <6>usb 1-2: USB disconnect, address 3
PM: Removing info for No Bus:usbdev1.3_ep83
PM: Removing info for usb:1-2:1.0
PM: Removing info for No Bus:usbdev1.3_ep81
input: appletouch disconnected
[cut]
PM: Adding info for No Bus:usbdev1.4_ep83
PM: Adding info for usb:1-2:1.1
appletouch Geyser 3 inited.
input: appletouch as /class/input/input15

This change confuses the X synaptics driver:

Touchpad no synaptics event device found (checked 11 nodes)
Touchpad The /dev/input/event* device nodes seem to be missing
(EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/input/event2
No such file or directory.
(WW) Touchpad: cannot open input device

And so X falls back to my second pointer device which is a UsbMouse
under /dev/input/mice

One could say that the synaptics driver rightly complains about the
missing event2 device!
So is this a bug in the X synaptics driver?

Comments are welcome.

  Last update: 2007-03-27 23:03    [W:0.270 / U:2.232 seconds]