SubjectRe: [2.6.22 patch] more scheduled OSS driver removal
Adrian Bunk wrote:
> This patch contains the scheduled removal of OSS drivers that:
> - have ALSA drivers for the same hardware without known regressions and
> - whose Kconfig options have been removed in 2.6.20.

Sorry for this late respond

Is sound/oss/emu10k1/ really ready to be replaced? According to a friend
of mine, who got the hardware, the ALSA still lacks feature provided by
the OSS-driver. He mentioned some sort of programmable memory (forgot
the name for that) with whom you can run small programs to manipulate
the sounds (adding echo and such). Also, he got problems with getting
more accurate control of the volume (guess this is more a userland issue).
He seems to have done his homework but only got to pages where other
peoples had the same problem.

If this is really implemented, please let me know so I can forward it to
him. Also, any good site on ALSA with detailed information on this stuff
would be much appreciated!

Thanks and good night
Richard Knutsson

  Last update: 2007-03-26 03:35    [W:0.053 / U:0.096 seconds]