    SubjectRe: RSDL v0.31
    On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 07:11 +0100, Willy Tarreau wrote:
    > I don't agree with starting to renice X to get something usable

    X looks very special to me: it's a big userspace driver, the primary
    task handling user interaction on the desktop, and on some OS the part
    responsible for moving the mouse pointer and interacting with windows is
    even implemented as an interrupt handler, and that for sure provides for
    smooth user experience even on very low-end hardware. Why not compensate
    for X design by prioritizing it a bit ?
    If RSDL + reniced X makes for a better desktop than sotck kernel + X, on
    all kind of workloads, it's good to know.

      Last update: 2007-03-20 10:09    [W:0.067 / U:0.036 seconds]