SubjectRe: RSDL v0.31
On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 07:11 +0100, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> I don't agree with starting to renice X to get something usable

X looks very special to me: it's a big userspace driver, the primary
task handling user interaction on the desktop, and on some OS the part
responsible for moving the mouse pointer and interacting with windows is
even implemented as an interrupt handler, and that for sure provides for
smooth user experience even on very low-end hardware. Why not compensate
for X design by prioritizing it a bit ?
If RSDL + reniced X makes for a better desktop than sotck kernel + X, on
all kind of workloads, it's good to know.