    SubjectRe: Memory stick reader Ricoh R5C592 supported?
    Werner LEMBERG wrote:
    > Folks,
    >

    > my Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop has both a Ricoh R5C822 host adapter (for
    > SD, MMC, etc.) and a Ricoh R5C592 host adapter for memory sticks.
    >
    > While the former works just fine, it seems to me that the latter
    > hasn't any support. Indeed, inserting a Sony MSA-128A memory stick
    > causes no reaction whatsoever. Searching with google, I haven't found
    > anything related to this chip; looking into the kernel source code
    > wasn't successful either.
    >
    > Can you please shed some light on the current situation? I'm using
    > kernel 2.6.20.

    Memory stick is completely unsupported. We haven't got any specs for neither the
    the host controllers or the protocol. So I would guess it would be quite some
    time before memorystick is supported directly by Linux.

    Rgds
    --
    -- Pierre Ossman

    Linux kernel, MMC maintainer http://www.kernel.org