SubjectRe: The performance and behaviour of the anti-fragmentation related patches
Andrew Morton wrote:

> Somehow I don't believe that a person or organisation which is incapable of
> preparing even a simple testcase will be capable of fixing problems such as
> this without breaking things.

I don't believe anybody who relies on one simple test case will
ever be capable of evaluating a patch without breaking things.

Test cases can show problems, but fixing a test case is no
guarantee at all that your VM will behave ok with real world
workloads. Test cases for the VM can *never* be relied on
to show that a problem went away.

I'll do my best, but I can't promise a simple test case
for every single problem that's plaguing the VM.

Politics is the struggle between those who want to make their country
the best in the world, and those who believe it already is. Each group
calls the other unpatriotic.

  Last update: 2007-03-03 00:25    [W:0.122 / U:17.228 seconds]