    SubjectRe: The performance and behaviour of the anti-fragmentation related patches
    Andrew Morton wrote:

    > And I'd judge that per-container RSS limits are of considerably more value
    > than antifrag (in fact per-container RSS might be a superset of antifrag,
    > in the sense that per-container RSS and containers could be abused to fix
    > the i-cant-get-any-hugepages problem, dunno).

    The RSS bits really worry me, since it looks like they could
    exacerbate the scalability problems that we are already running
    into on very large memory systems.

    Linux is *not* happy on 256GB systems. Even on some 32GB systems
    the swappiness setting *needs* to be tweaked before Linux will even
    run in a reasonable way.

    Pageout scanning needs to be more efficient, not less. The RSS
    bits are worrysome...

    Politics is the struggle between those who want to make their country
    the best in the world, and those who believe it already is. Each group
    calls the other unpatriotic.

      Last update: 2007-03-02 16:49    [W:0.019 / U:48.156 seconds]